12V Cash Register for Farmers Market?

Discuss anything about EPoS in General here

12V Cash Register for Farmers Market?

Postby valkyrie123 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:05 am

Need help from someone that knows modern cash registers. I'm looking for an inexpensive modern cash register with tape printout, preferably with ink ribbon and a cash drawer. The kicker is the internal mechanism has to be entirely 12V. Most modern cash registers run on either 5V, 12V or 18V or a combination there of. I need one that is entirely 12V (ie. a single leg on the transformer to 12V) and can be easily converted to run on 12V battery for a farmers market. Can anyone help me with a brand and model number that would fit this bill?
valkyrie123

Re: 12V Cash Register for Farmers Market?

Postby andy-the-diver on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:56 am

no but samsung do a battery operated till [i have one in a hospital that they put on a trolley and push round the wards]
running time will cover a days trading then recharge over night
andy-the-diver

Postby registerman on Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:54 am

You could use an inverter. Cash registers are low power machines so you only need a cheap simple inverter
registerman

Postby andy-the-diver on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:16 pm

and how many cash registers have you seen damaged by inverters over the years registerman?
the square wave inverters tend to spike the power supplies within the till - ive written off 3sharp 213's this year so far and repaired many others.

if there was no alternative then yes, i agree but why risk it when there is a machine out there designed to fill that niche?
andy-the-diver

Postby registerman on Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:47 am

Fair enough. I thought they had improved in recent years. I have a few customers using them and they have been reliable, but they may be on pure sine wave inverters then.
registerman

Postby Bill Kilgore on Thu May 02, 2013 4:48 pm

The coolest & in my opinion the best portable Lithium Polymer battery powered cash registers are the RCH FLEA which is a handheld with a thermal printer or the ONDA which is a bit bigger but has 15 depts & really simple to program, the new portable Touch Me version is now out which has a touch screen fully programable keyboard, these work great & not had any issues with these apart from the batts need replacing after 18-24 months.
Bill Kilgore

Return to General Advice & Discussion