EPoS Wizard - Cash Register Support Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:48 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:05 am 

Need help from someone that knows modern cash registers. I'm looking for an inexpensive modern cash register with tape printout, preferably with ink ribbon and a cash drawer. The kicker is the internal mechanism has to be entirely 12V. Most modern cash registers run on either 5V, 12V or 18V or a combination there of. I need one that is entirely 12V (ie. a single leg on the transformer to 12V) and can be easily converted to run on 12V battery for a farmers market. Can anyone help me with a brand and model number that would fit this bill?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:56 am 

no but samsung do a battery operated till [i have one in a hospital that they put on a trolley and push round the wards]
running time will cover a days trading then recharge over night

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:54 am 

You could use an inverter. Cash registers are low power machines so you only need a cheap simple inverter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:16 pm 

and how many cash registers have you seen damaged by inverters over the years registerman?
the square wave inverters tend to spike the power supplies within the till - ive written off 3sharp 213's this year so far and repaired many others.

if there was no alternative then yes, i agree but why risk it when there is a machine out there designed to fill that niche?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:47 am 

Fair enough. I thought they had improved in recent years. I have a few customers using them and they have been reliable, but they may be on pure sine wave inverters then.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:48 pm 

The coolest & in my opinion the best portable Lithium Polymer battery powered cash registers are the RCH FLEA which is a handheld with a thermal printer or the ONDA which is a bit bigger but has 15 depts & really simple to program, the new portable Touch Me version is now out which has a touch screen fully programable keyboard, these work great & not had any issues with these apart from the batts need replacing after 18-24 months.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:12 am 

rnrnThe ROG windows 7 theme you guys made was awesome. But now with my new G46VW that came with W8 I cant use it, so if you guys could make the theme compatible for W8 that would epic Please make this happenrnrn