EPoS Wizard - Cash Register Support Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:05 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:33 pm 

Hi there! !wave

We have a 4-month old Emperium EPOS system from e-novations, with a Star printer. When I go into the Star printer configuration program (using the default, not the POS emulation), and click on 'print test' and then 'open cash drawer', the drawer opens. When I have the Emperium software running, the drawer will open if I print a receipt, but stays obstinately closed when I press the 'Payment' button. It used to work, but has recently stopped.

I know I could get in touch with e-novations technical support but, based on past experience, I would rather try to find someone else who could help me fix this small problem if at all possible. ;)

Thanks in advance

Supanova

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:30 pm 

Unfortunately I don't know Emperium software, but I don't think there's anything wrong with your hardware. It sounds like a fault in the programming option for the payment key. Is there an option for drawer open/close in the cash(payment) button that has been set to not open the drawer?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:46 pm 

porty wrote:
Unfortunately I don't know Emperium software, but I don't think there's anything wrong with your hardware. It sounds like a fault in the programming option for the payment key. Is there an option for drawer open/close in the cash(payment) button that has been set to not open the drawer?

Thanks for the response but, sadly, I can't find an option for that. :(

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:57 pm 

Hi, yes i have heard of the Emperium Product and your issue looks like a very simple configuration from the till. I did complete a rollout for one of my clients with the emperium epos solution. I found that there is a configuration availabile under admin > Till Settings. Here you can define the process which is pretty straight forward. We at least i found it at the time and assuming you have the same type of product. :)