EPoS Wizard - Cash Register Support Forum

It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:09 am 

I purchased a Casio TE-2200 and was surprised to see how bad the previous owners had screwed up all the programs and names on it. Many function names have been "renamed" with stupid words and the buttons dont function as they should according to the manual.

Although I have sorted out a lot for basic use it still remains a mess and I cant enter any tax codes on it. After 3 days of trying now I think the best option is just to do a master reset to factory level.

Can anyone tell me if that is possible please.

Problems include logging on/off (wont accept more than 1 name although 4 registered), freezing when trying to use, not clearing totals when doing reports, etc. etc.

Thanks very much

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:54 am 

There are two ways to reset your Casio TE2200:
(1) Next to COM1 on the left side of the ECR you should find a white slip of paper hiding a red reset button. Press this and you should see LLLLLLLLLL's on the screen.

(2)Turn key to off, Press and hold the Journal Feed key down as you turn key to PGM mode. Release Journal Feed key and you should see LLLLLLLLLLLLL's

After this you you will need to input a programming code.
It depends on where you are and what your needs are.
If you are in the USA, I would use 22500, or if you want to use clerk keys to sign in and out use 22510. Input your numbers and press SUBTOTAL.

Kevin

Always do a backup to a "Compact Flash" CF Card before making any changes to your Casio Device

Low rate Credit Cards

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:24 am 

Hi thanks a lot for the reply - its getting stressful trying to sort this out - I have been dreaming about it all night!!

I have used the code 22510 and its now reset, somehow I have managed to reprogram the clerks (x 4) and department names, date and time.

Now I have the problem that NO-ONE can sign on or off!! I am also getting the message INIT which I have found out means its stuck somewhere in a program or its a dead battery. I have downloaded a dealers manual but it says nothing about replacing batteries or where they are.

My next thought was to do an initialiation procedure after reading the dealers manual but its asks for an 11 digit program code from the worksheet but I have not got a worksheet so dont know what the code could be.
Would you mind please letting me know what you think my next step should be.

The register is being used in a grocery shop and hope to set it up eventually to scan the items rather than manual use. At the moment we are keeping it very basic to get the correct set-up.

Thanks very much for the help.

Catherine

ps: I am in UK and this website keeps failing to load so sorry for late reply but couldnt access site

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:27 am 

(See page 17 and 18 of the TE-2200/TE-2400 Dealers Programming Manual)

So what does all this mean?
You will sometimes see "INIT", "0000000000" or "LLLLLLLLLLL" on the screen any of these are Initialize mode.

There are UP TO 11 digits in your Init code. It is a string of numbers from LEFT to Right.
By default all digits are zero's EX: 0000000000

DIGIT 11 is a Zero if you want the secret Password to be printed on the INIT slip? Make it a number 4 if you don't.
DIGITS 7-10 would be your secret four digit password to protect anyone from getting into PGM MODES 3-7 and changing your settings.
Lets say you want a password and you don't want the password (Lets say the password is 1234) printed when you do a flag clear.
Then your code so far is:

DIGIT 6 is for language. 0=English, French=1, Spanish=2 and German=4

DIGIT 5 is Time and date format

DIGITS 3&4 and very important, This is Model Number. If you have a TE2200 your code has to be 25 and 04 for a TE2400

DIGIT 2 is tricky. If you want to use the Clerk Feature where you need to use Clerk keys make this a #1 on a TE2200 because you probably wont need table tracking.

DIGIT 1 is self explanatory. For Dollars=0, Euro only=1

But, I don't want to password anything and I don't want to be bothered with having to Clerk in and out to run a sale.
This is D11-->00000022500<--This is D1

After entering this number, press Subtotal key. The machine will print our a receipt with the IPL Version and the code that you just put in. Turn key to REG mode.

Kevin

Always do a backup to a "Compact Flash" CF Card before making any changes to your Casio Device

Low rate Credit Cards

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:59 pm 

Hi, thanks again for the help. I have done as you requested and put in the code 40000002514 and entered cashier and department names. I have switched off and now it keeps giving Error 008 but wont let me log back in any way possible. The only way to get past this is to reprogram each time I switch on/off which isnt practical. I can log in and cant log out but its asking for log in. Any ideas please?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:45 am 

That code won't work. You have the first digit as a 4, it needs to be a 1 or a 2. And digit 5 needs to be a 1, 2 or 3.

Where are you located, and I can help you with your code?

Low rate Credit Cards

Last edited by CasioHelp on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:17 pm 

CasioHelp wrote:
That code won't work. You have the first digit as a 4, it needs to be a 1 or a 2. And digit 6 needs to be a 1, 2 or 3.

Where are you located, and I can help you with your code?

Hi, thanks a lot - thought I had done really well understanding that code being a novice - its obviously much harder than I thought.

I am in the UK, dont want password code. The till will be used in a grocery shop so will have 2 rates of tax and approx. 20 departments and 4 cashiers if that helps.

Thanks a lot your really wonderful.

!Head

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:02 pm 

If I change Digit 6 it just changes the language and I want it to be in English so it really does need to be a zero.

Another thing is whenever I do a reset I dont actually get the 2 beeps the manual says I should get but I do get the slip of paper with the program code on.

I dont know whether its relevant or not but in the old set-up the TAX (VAT) button had been reset for the clerks to use to sign on and off, but this has been reset to normal now (I think) so you can no longer use that for logging in/out. No matter what code I use you just keep getting Error 008 and it wont let anyone log on.

I am also not sure which side to code the count the code from, the book says start at 11 and count down to 0 - is that the same way you are counting?

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:22 pm 

I meant digit 5 needs to be 1, 2 or 3 to set the time.

6 is good at 0

You are correct. There is no double beep. And I don't press subtotal the second time either.

This process does reset the machine back to default settings, so any keys programmed previously will be removed.

So you code will be:
or
40000022500 if you don't need clerks to sign in and out.
Kevin

Low rate Credit Cards

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:02 pm 

Hi Kevin

For some strange reason whenever you put digit 11 as a 4 it stops anyone from logging in or out.

I have had to use my own code from the worksheet which came out as 00020012500, this lets you log in and out and register cashiers and dept names.

The only problem I have now is that the cash drawer will no longer open when you finalise a transaction, I know this can be controlled by the codes but dont know which one - any idea please?

Also whatever code I use to try and put in messages or business details they dont print - there is the usual YOUR RECEIPT, THANK YOU , CALL AGAIN on the top of the receipts and this is the only text that I can change. Have you come across this before? Surely you can put business details on.

The date and time remain exact in memory every time I do a full reset so its not necessary to change that each time.

Thanks very much

Catherine