Casio QT6100 - Orient BTP R8800np Printer freezes till?

Support, Help & Advice Forum

Casio QT6100 - Orient BTP R8800np Printer freezes till?

Postby rightclickfix on Wed May 24, 2017 8:39 am

I've been tasked with this problem but have never got into a QT6100 before? every epos till I've worked on has had USB access to get into XP embedded so this is new to me. Can anyone give me quick directions or advice on as to why this freezing issue and lack of comms is happening as I can't access dev man...

tia

Andy
rightclickfix

Re: Casio QT6100 - Orient BTP R8800np Printer freezes till?

Postby andy-the-diver on Wed May 24, 2017 6:30 pm

i believe its a rom based o/s so knowledge of windows wont help you 1 jot!
Your question incidentally bears no resemblance to its title i can only assume its a restaurant set up with kitchen printer items - and you dont have a kp attached? - but this is a long shot guess without detailed info.
andy-the-diver

Postby S1mon on Wed May 24, 2017 7:05 pm

They are, indeed, ROM-based - and they re spiteful bits of kit to program. I've only had to mess around with them twice - and both times I felt like gouging my brain out with a rusty spoon.
S1mon

Postby andy-the-diver on Wed May 24, 2017 9:49 pm

which is why you don't see me venture into the casio section too often lol !dunce lB
andy-the-diver

Postby rightclickfix on Thu May 25, 2017 4:40 pm

ah thanks for the reply's guys so they'll have the CD somewhere in the office then? the til is working but they're unable to open the drawer to put cash in. I opened it manually for them when I called in so at least they can work and take cash and yes its a delicatessen/kitchen til with the printer cabled to it.
I'm guessing the drawer issue is mechanical failure as its connected with two cables. Power & earth but still no joy? They say when they try to print a receipt it freezes up and my research says it could be a paper jam but being an experienced mobile technician I know not to trust "google" lol ;)
rightclickfix

Postby S1mon on Thu May 25, 2017 5:33 pm

There is not going to be a CD anywhere. They won't have any for of back office software and, unless it's a simple hardware fault with the printer or cash drawer, you will find yourself searching online for manuals that will make no sense to you at all.

If trying to print a receipt does freeze the till up then it may well be a printer fault, check if it can do a self-test first, but unless you happen to have a spare one lying around you won't know without buying a replacement to test it out.

Good luck with it - but they would probably be better contacting a local EPoS dealer who does know the QT kit inside-out.
S1mon

Postby rightclickfix on Thu May 25, 2017 5:38 pm

cheers Simon my research tells me they're going to have to contact casio to get someone out. I suggested a new epos till and set up as it looks old to me and maybe on its way out but they need to keep working...
As for local epos support I think I'm it here in north east England? I seem to get a lot of "subby" jobs from companies based in Manchester, Bham, Liverpool etc... I think I'll back heel the job as I don't need the stress and its 9 miles each way to nibble at it each time :(

thanks again for your honest and open replies :)
rightclickfix

Return to Casio Cash Register Equipment