Fidelity GPOS Software

Support, Help & Advice Forum

Fidelity GPOS Software

Postby aidy-yorks on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:53 pm

I have a customer with two tills (different hardware) both running GPOS, one has gone down with a HDD failure, have fitted new disk and re-installed Windows all drivers working, except I don't and neither does the customer have a copy of GPOS, we have the license numbers so I can't re-install. I'm not a Fidelity dealer so they won't talk to me or the customer, can anyone help please?

Thanks
aidy-yorks

Re: Fidelity GPOS Software

Postby rob0411 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:23 pm

Look on the machine that is working, you may find the installer.exe still there
rob0411

Postby aidy-yorks on Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:20 pm

Will have a look, thanks.
aidy-yorks

Postby bovine on Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:59 pm

Even if you have the installer, you wont get it running - you will need to licence the software. This is done by contacting Fidelity, either electronically through the software or over the phone. If you're not a dealer, you wont be able to licence it.

Make sure you keep the old disk. The only way to de-licence it with Fidelity is by giving them the serial number of the disk. If the dealer doesnt, they cant/wont release a new licence and the customer will have to buy a new licence.

Not the best news for you obviously! Any reason you or they cant go back to the original dealer?
bovine

Postby aidy-yorks on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:25 pm

Dealer gone out of business with no trace apparently, thats how I come to be involved.
aidy-yorks

Postby Skiver on Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:58 pm

Fidelity should be able to suggest a dealer for you.
Skiver

Postby aidy-yorks on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:16 am

Not many dealers in my area, and they seem to want a fortune to get involved or sell something new like ICR Touch, I have never been so frustrated by such a simple issue.
aidy-yorks

Postby bovine on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:56 am

Has your customer tried speaking to fidelity direct to ask to relicence the software? Not support, just relicence. The reason I mention it is we had a customer out of contract who had a disk failure and they got all uppity when we told them how much it was going to cost for us to come out and sort it out. They enquired direct and someone gave them a price of about £25 iirc to relicence it.

Get the customer to give them a call and speak to the main reception - avoid support.
bovine

Postby aidy-yorks on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:32 pm

That was one of my latter ideas, but as we have no software disc we are not quite at that stage I'm sure at an licensing / activation stage that shouldn't be a problem, but as soon as you mention software disc they want to sell you another license?
aidy-yorks

Postby shady2me on Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:41 pm

I have the gpos system installed on windows embedded POS and i am tried to make an exact copy of the hard drive using easeus. It all loads but when I click on gpos icon it says keys have been tampered with. Does anyone have any information that could shed light on this? I am also going to use Paragon Drive Copy in raw copy mode later today.
shady2me

Next

Return to Fidelity Total control/GPOS