How communication port on XE-A212 work???

Support, Help & Advice Forum

How communication port on XE-A212 work???

Postby ting on Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:09 pm

Dear all,

I have my XE-A212 working perfect in my coffee shop, I just would like to know how to communicate with it via the RS232. Can I use a null modem cable connect the A212 with my PC, and then run a terminal (e.g. hyper terminal)???

If I can do that, where can I find the command I could use over the terminal session.
If it not just using the terminal, so how XE-A212 communication port work? or How to write a program running on my PC to communicate with it?
ting

Re: How communication port on XE-A212 work???

Postby EPoS Wizard on Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:57 pm

Hi,

Unforunately you can't use anything like hyper terminal to connect to the till. The sharp XE-A212 has it's own programming software and this is the cable needed:

I've Private Messaged you with some information on this software.

Cheers
Please show your support for EPoS Wizard and click the link below to make a small donation

EPoS Wizard
Site Admin

Postby ting on Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:05 am

Dear the wizard,

Thanks so much for info on the software and cable diagram.

I think the software you mention is for program the cash register. Acctually I would like some way that I can get the sale report while I'm not in the shop.

for exapmle I can hookup a modem to the cash register and a phone line and then while I'm on the road I just use my laptop dial to the modem in my shop, that connected to the cash register, and use sonething like terminal to type something like .TL and then I get the sale report on my screen just like the way it print out the report on the paper roll.

In theroy the PC-LINK XE-A212 Program should work over a phone line as it work with a null modem cable.

If you have any idea or some other way to establish that I would be appreciate.
ting

Postby EPoS Wizard on Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:08 pm

Hi,

This software is only for programming the cash register as you said, unfortunately there is no other software that I know of which enables you to collect the sales. I'll ask around but there is definately no way to use commands through hyper terminal or similar.

cheers
Please show your support for EPoS Wizard and click the link below to make a small donation

EPoS Wizard
Site Admin

Postby NZtech on Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:15 am

Hi Ting,
I think Wizard is correct. This model is designed for basic programming and reporting via RS232. I have not been able to get any more than that with any software that I have used with these. You would need to move up to a more powerful machine such as the UP-700.

Mark
NZtech

Postby hotty on Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:13 am

EPoS Wizard wrote:Hi,

This software is only for programming the cash register as you said, unfortunately there is no other software that I know of which enables you to collect the sales. I'll ask around but there is definately no way to use commands through hyper terminal or similar.

cheers

point tyo be noted !what
Froakah 650-175 exam Sternenstaub

Leader of Spiritwalker on 70-237 exam Prexus
It is inspiring others to pursue a JN0-201 exam common goal and be their best"
hotty

Postby nejib01 on Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:24 pm

@EPoS Wizard
Thanks very much , schema cable was very usefull
nejib01

Postby andy-the-diver on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:29 pm

to be fair, you are asking the performance of a ferrari on the budget of a sinclair c5!
in order to get wt you want, consider changing to ICRtouch and touch office web. That will do all you are asking and more. But it comes with a price tag.
andy-the-diver

Return to Sharp Cash Register Equipment