EPoS Wizard - Cash Register Support Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:44 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:44 pm 

Hi,
I am using samstock v4, we had problems with our pc connection and our 'dealer' reinstalled samstock although the till just needed an initial clear! We have the product dongle and disk but the dealer hasn't entered the product key and we can't get hold of him now. Does anybody know anywhere to obtain a replacement key? I did see on here somewhere that someone paid £50 for one but didn't say where from.

Many thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:34 am 

the keys are created via the dongle number - embossed onto the metal part of the usb end of the dongle.
you should have been given a licence registration document when you first purchased the system - that key will still be valid.

the £50 is an administration fee charged by the software writers for regenerating the licence - you cannot deal directly with the writers, you must go through a samsung dealer.

the trouble is, you have to enter the business details EXACTLY as it appeared on the original regitration document or the dongle number will not register properly.

where in the uk are you based? i cn give you the number of your nearest dealer.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:42 pm 

I'm in northamptonshire, we wern't given a licence registration document and trying to get hold of the dealer is a complete nightmare, think he's a bit of a cowboy really, last time we called him in as the till lost pc connetion he didn't even check the till, all he did was go to the pc reinstall samstock and then said it was the cable. So we would still need all the dealers information to get a new product key? we still have the dongle.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:26 pm 

depends on how he uninstalled samstock
if you have a backup copy of the old samstock directory, the licence code will be in there
if he reinstalled samstock over the existing installation, all your products and groups would be intact as will the licence
if he uninstalled then deleted the samstock folder - then u r in trouble - have a look for saved samstock folders first off

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:10 pm 

Ok i'll have a look. And in the worst case scenario?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:57 pm 

worst case scenario is you purchase a new samstock licence from scratch
but i can see a relicence fee coming on - NOT THE TIME TO PREACH BUT THIS IS WHY WE TELL PEOLE TO KEEP BACKUPS!!!! lB