Paymentsense V1 installation guide.

Support, Help & Advice Forum

Paymentsense V1 installation guide.

Postby andy-the-diver on Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:04 pm

Bit of a long shot but does anyone have access to a version 1 set up guide please?
I have the installer - but then I'm lost and apparently its so old , the manual must be printed on parchment lB
andy-the-diver

Re: Paymentsense V1 installation guide.

Postby Rob R on Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:13 pm

It is old, and no longer supported by Paymentsense, any reason you can't use V2 (also no longer supported) or V3?
Rob R

Postby andy-the-diver on Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:43 pm

their internet is so shocking that without reliable fallback via USB, more transactions would fail than would go through.
they have 2 tills - 1 blew up but i salvaged their icr data, including the paymentsense folder from within. What i didn't realise was that there is also a paymentsense folder in "program files" too! To install a program "blind" having never done it before means i have no idea which config files I'm supposed to edit - nor how much data is different.
I'm happy to work my way through it - but without some guidance, which i'm not getting - I'm at a dead end!
andy-the-diver

Postby S1mon on Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:54 pm

I'm with Rob on this one - at the very least reinstall it as V2 if you possibly can, using IP on an Ethernet connection back to the till. It doesn't need the Interwebz for the link between the till and PDQ, just needs the till on a Static IP.
S1mon

Postby Rob R on Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:58 pm

S1mon wrote:I'm with Rob on this one - at the very least reinstall it as V2 if you possibly can, using IP on an Ethernet connection back to the till. It doesn't need the Interwebz for the link between the till and PDQ, just needs the till on a Static IP.

Yeah, with V2 it will fall back to dial up by default if the internet is crappy (so I've been told) and communicates with the till over the local network.

By the way, isn't there something you could copy or examine on the other till?

Plus, I've had a look and it seems that manual isn't available any longer, and I'm pretty sure I don't have it stored anywhere local.
Last edited by Rob R on Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob R

Postby andy-the-diver on Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:27 am

tried the copying from other till - edited the config file with tid number in both the icrtouch folder and in the program file one as well - but not sure what else needs to be changed.
Now i know it uses the local network- not the internet, Feel more positive in the upgrade path. will give it a go over the weekend.
andy-the-diver

Postby S1mon on Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:31 am

Good luck Andy. I think I've got the V2 installer guides somewhere if you need them.
S1mon

Return to ICRTouch