Please Help with a Sam4S ER-420M

Support, Help & Advice Forum

Re: Please Help with a Sam4S ER-420M

Postby Victoria on Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:05 pm

Hi Nemesis - Guess what I finally got it to stop shrieking!!!

Now I just have to go through the manual and try and work out the programming!!

Just one other thing I wanted to ask and I have posted the question again as a general question on the forum in case anyone else can help also - This register - can it only be used by programming amounts as a PLU. Can you use the register by just entering amounts, pressing a button and then it gives you a total - like a straight forward calculator?

After all this aggravation - I'm not sure that I want a register that only works by programmed codes - my business is so flexible that there aren't really any set prices and I would have to look up every code every time I sold a sandwich with variety!!!

I swear I'm going to buy myself an abacus!!

Well if you can answer that one you are just the greatest cash register whizz there is! And thank you so much for all your help and advice.

Victoria
Victoria

Postby MKeegan on Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:13 pm

Hi,

Well Done. :D

I saw your other post and saw that it only appeared to work once. If you try again but actually enter the amount of cash instead of just pressing cash does that work? So if the sale total is 5.00 for example then press:
Subtotal
Then key in 500
Then press Cash

Does that now allow you to do it.

Cheers
MKeegan

Postby AlbertAddz on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:09 am

Was a solution ever found for this query? I have the same problem i.e. all settings are appearing as "closed" i.e. Void Closed, Register Closed etc.

I tried all of the recommendations listed in this post and even though the RAM Clear message came up, the top left, bottom left, top right, bottom right followed by the Cash button just caused screeching and the "warning sequence error" message to appear. The LCD showed Service Closed prior to my attempt to Subtotal and enter a 500 and as soon as I hit Subtotal the Warning and noise (!) started again.

Could somebody please advise as all I was trying to do was clear the memory of my ER-420M so I could sell it but obviously something has gone very wrong!

Please Help!
AlbertAddz

Postby andy-the-diver on Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:37 pm

THE ADVICE ABOUT POWERING OFF IS ALL THATS WRONG.
WHEN YOU GET THE MEMORY ALLOCATION MESSAGE, PRESS THE CASH KEY THEN WAIT UNTIL A RECEIPT IS ISSUED
THEN TURN KEY TO REGISTER - IT WILL SAY CLOSED
ENTER 1 INTO THE CLERK BUTTON - JOB DONE

[IF THE TILL HAS BEEN STOOD UNPLUGGED FOR MONTHS - YOU MAY GET DATE/TIME ERROR - IF THIS IS THE CASE TURN TO P ENTER 1300 INTO SUBTOTAL AN ENTER THE CORRECT DATE AND TIME -NOT SURE IF THATS INTO X/TIME BUTTON OR SUB TOTAL - BUT HEY - IF YOU HAVE THE BOOK - READ UP ON SETTING DATE N TIME]
andy-the-diver

Postby Lobster on Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:35 pm

Please help! I have the same register and cannot get it off the "Void Mode" and I press any key and all it does is squeal high pitched which is driving me crazy! Then the error comes up WARNING - NO PLU DATA ERROR
I see this was a problem and you mentioned it was resolved but cannot see how you actually did it. Can you please please help!!!
Lobster

Postby andy-the-diver on Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:20 am

sounds like a bad boot loader to me - just checking but what country are you in? [manuals differ from country to country - as do firmware versions]

from the top, turn the key 1 position past pgm, to S mode and power off the machine at the side.
hold down cheque button and power up
next press [in order] top left, bottom left, top right then cash. THEN WAIT!
at some point you should get the memory allocation message - AFTER this appears, press the cash key. - after a brief pause, you will get a print out [i'd be interested on how many PLU's have been allocated]

next, turn the key to pgm and type 100 into the subtotal button
press the first plu button, followed by the 12th plu button
press zero button then the x/time button
press cash

[this tests programming capability of thePLU's as you should not be getting a no data error - but this will put in the first 12 plus even if they are not auto generated on ram clear - though they really should be]

Next, turn the key to reg - the screen should display "CLOSED"
Press the 1 button, followed immediately by the clerk button - the screen should show "CLERK 1"
after this test the machine for adding up --- enter 123 into the plu1 button, enter 456 into plu 2, 789 into plu 3 then press sub total.
next, enter 1500 into the cash button - the drawer should fire and 1.32 CHANGE should be displayed. AT NO TIME SHOULD YOU MANUALLY ENTER THE DECIMAL POINT

If you get this far, then the till is ready to program - good luck
andy-the-diver

Postby Lobster on Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:34 am

Many many thanks and I am in Australia and it worked all the way through to the key to Reg position and press 1 then Clerk as it tells me "Warning Time error" and I do it as fast as I can and just then squeals but stops when press the CLEAR button. Any further tips?
Lobster

Postby Lobster on Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:05 am

I kept working it through and I had not set the date/time so it would not work but once that was done it all worked. Many thanks again as that's fantastic advice and it's appreciated.
Lobster

Postby andy-the-diver on Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:19 am

well done for sorting it - sorry i wasn't quicker to reply !thumbs
andy-the-diver

Postby Lobster on Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:28 am

Well now I am well on my way to programming this beast but have hit a snag as to how to do open pricing for a specific food item I have created a PLU? I have tried to follow the manual but it says to enter the address N1 but I am lost as to where that is???? Does this make sense? I've been successful in putting in set prices against specific food items but the open pricing has me totally lost! Help again if possible and soooo appreciated.
Lobster

PreviousNext

Return to Sam4s Cash Register Equipment