EPoS Wizard - Cash Register Support Forum

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:32 pm 

Hey people,

At our Cafe the till system is a single Sharp UP-811f, with no external devices.

The system was origionally set up 2 years ago and is in serious need of being reconifured to suit the current needs of the business. The origional company is now no longer contracted to support us in tech support.

Adjusting products, prices, VAT etc is fine, the only problem that I'm having at the moment is adjusting the layout of the keyboard to suit. In particular moving the PLU menus on the keyboard has proved troublesome. They are really badly set out and under the 'Direct Key' assignment they have an exclamation mark next to them which has so far prevented me from changing them.

The 'PLU menu's can obviously be moved as there are hand written menus that have been added after the initial setup. However I'm not certain as to the HOW of this. I have the Manual with me (all 233 odd pages of it) but it's not particularly well written in this regard.

If you select the Direct Key option you can enter a PLU or a Dept, neither of which seem to allow a PLU Menu to be configured.

I can create new PLU Menu's just fine and add items or other sub-menus. I'm just missing the step of assigning the PLU Menu to a keyboard key.

I've looked through previous posts which relate to earlier models and there seems to be a way of resetting things by turning a key past the Pgm2 option, however this model does not have a key system for switching modes, you select them from a list and I can't see at this point anything to allow me to reset the 'PLU Menu' keys

If anyone has any information or ideas as to how to assist, I'd be much abliged.

- Jimbo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:57 pm 

Hi

You need to press mode then enter 99999999 and press enter. This will get you into service mode. Or use the reset switch in the front compartment on the right side of the till (slide it one way then back the other).

I would backup the till to an SD card before trying this.

First you need to goto setting > free key layout
You then need to inhibit the existing plu menu keys. Find inhibit key in the list and press the key on the layout.

Then still in that menu there are plu menu keys. Assign whichever ones you need.

Pressing your main cash button should bring you back out of that menu.

Don't forget to go back to direct key in PGM 2 to make the old plu keys a dept or PLU.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:10 pm 

Thanks for the Prompt reply, I'll try it out first thing tomorrow.

I've fired off a copy of the manual your way since you didn't have it on your list.

Thanks

- Jimbo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:36 pm 

Thanks again, the code gave access to the menu and i've been able to rearrange to my hearts content.

- Jimbo