"Range Over" on PLU report

Support, Help & Advice Forum

"Range Over" on PLU report

Postby RichsCider on Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:03 am

Hoping someone can help...

We print a weekly 'PLU by selected group' report, but this week it comes up with a 'Range Over' error on all PLU reports. I am guessing someone has added a new product incorrectly so it is forcing the report to fail... My question is how can I check this? What am I looking for? Or am I going down the wrong path and should be checking something else?

Thanks!
RichsCider

Re: "Range Over" on PLU report

Postby andy-the-diver on Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:07 pm

shall we start with a little more info? till type / back office connected? etc
andy-the-diver

Postby S1mon on Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:27 pm

andy-the-diver wrote:shall we start with a little more info? till type / back office connected? etc

Thank you Andy. I'm getting tired of having to ask that on so many posts. I don't think people actually want to be helped half the time lB
S1mon

Postby RichsCider on Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:05 am

Simon, sorry you are getting tired of asking that on so many posts. If I didn't feel stupid before I certainly do now. I'm sorry if I come across as an idiot. I have no experience of these till systems but as the most technically minded person in this company I am landed with trying to find answers to these problems.

It is a SAM4S SPS-530, I don't know what you mean by back office connected? All I am aware of is that the person who normally uses the till is able to add/change products using the till, it isn't connected to any other device.

I hope that is in some way helpful. If not, I will try again
RichsCider

Postby S1mon on Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:50 pm

It wasn't a personal dig at you, but this is a free forum and people seem to think that we're mind readers. It's like phoning up a mechanic and saying "I've got a red light on my dashboard what does it mean" without telling them the make, model etc.

I've got a link to the manual as you may find it useful;-

http://www.jaimepos.com/v/vspfiles/down ... series.pdf

However, the error message itself isn't very helpful. I'd take a guess that somebody has managed to program a PLU linked to an invalid group or department somehow, but the only way you're going to find out is to go through the whole program.

'Back Office' refers to an external piece of software used to manage an EPoS system for reporting, programming etc - which you obviously haven't got.

I don't know those machines I'm afraid, but hopefully one of the other guys on here will have a better idea.
S1mon

Postby RichsCider on Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:20 am

Thanks Simon, I've had a look at the manual, and made a tiny bit of progress.

We definitely don't have the back office software.

I have found a way of viewing all of the PLUs on the system and have come up with a few odd entries. I have no idea if these make a difference to my problem and hoping someone can shed some light! I have pictures of the screens in question, but unsure how to add photos to this forum?

My only other possible option is that the till doesn't have enough memory available... but again, I have absolutely no idea!
RichsCider

Postby S1mon on Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:13 am

If you have an image, the best way is to upload it to a free image hosting website and post the link here.

If your till doesn;t have enough memory allocated, then I believe the only solution is to start totally from scratch as the memory allocations are usually set up as part of the initialisation and can't be changed once live - unlike on a 'proper' EPoS system.
S1mon

Return to Sam4s Cash Register Equipment