Using macro to reset all totals in s key mode

Support, Help & Advice Forum

Using macro to reset all totals in s key mode

Postby Andyp on Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:33 pm

Hi there ... have spent the day setting up some macros to automate report printing. Have managed to do them all eventually. I also wanted to use a macro to reset all the totals after a stocktake. Tried to set up using "macro s" to simulate turning the key to s position then i do the next part choosing option 2 from the menu. When running the macro it comes back with 'mode error' at the point of choosing option 2

Cannot understand why getting this .... i have seen it before when turning key to a different mode without clearing back to main menu .... but can't see why it would do it in a macro ...

Any ideas ???
Andyp

Re: Using macro to reset all totals in s key mode

Postby andy-the-diver on Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:04 am

darned - failed psychic school again ........ the till type we are talking about just isnt coming through - guess i need to change the batteries on my crystal ball lB !what
andy-the-diver

Postby Andyp on Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:19 pm

Good point .... i thought as it asked for make and model when registered it would put that on automatically .... doh .... its sam4s ser-7000 ☺
Andyp

Postby andy-the-diver on Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:31 pm

late reply as i didn't want to post a negative answer without confirming my assumption.
the fact is you cannot use macros in s mode
andy-the-diver

Postby Andyp on Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:15 pm

Ok ... so it gives you the option of macro s but it cannot be used. Often wonder how these software designers / developers get these jobs .... why would they do that !

Thanks Andy .... have tried all sorts to try to bypass the error but guess will have to admit defeat.
Andyp

Postby Andyp on Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:19 am

Ok so just had another look ... macro will work ok if i turn the key to correct position first ... so at least its a bit easier. I guess its a security thing but would be nice if could turn off if not wanted.
Andyp

Postby Till_Engineer on Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Try this procedure - it may work (or not)

Put two keys on the keyboard: -

Macro Set => Anywhere you like, it will be removed at the end
A Macro key (i.e. Macro 1) => Place this where you would like reset key on the keyboard.

Note: Macro set remembers every key and mode change you do from the moment you press it, if you make a mistake, simply press the macro key (i.e. macro 1) and then press Macro Set again and restart the key sequence.

Instructions
In REG Mode (or X if you want some security)
- Press Macro Set
- Manually do the procedure to reset the totals
- Ensure they key is back in REG (or X if you started there)
- Press the macro key (i.e. Macro 1)

If you press the macro key again it should (hopefully) reset the figures again. It MUST be used in the same mode if was created from (i.e. REG) otherwise you will get a mode error.

Edit: forgot to add, once you're finished remove the macro set key .. if you leave it on it will be accidentally pressed and cause all sorts of wonderfullness :cry:
Till_Engineer

Postby Andyp on Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:45 pm

Thanks ... still no joy ... even tried putting macro s into the macro again at the point the mode error comes up but still no good. Seems you just cant do s key functions without the s key ... even in a macro.
Andyp

Postby andy-the-diver on Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:30 pm

said that 4 entries ago!
andy-the-diver

Postby Till_Engineer on Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:03 am

Macros do work in S Mode (or they did at least on the SPS-1000), I think the problem is using them to access "Clear All Totals" possibly to stop people accidentally clearing all reports lB

I don't think I have a 7000 kicking around anymore otherwise i'd check.
Till_Engineer

Return to Sam4s Cash Register Equipment