x300 ECR MANAGER

Support, Help & Advice Forum

x300 ECR MANAGER

Postby kai91 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:38 pm

Hi All, My PC crashed with the ECR manager installed. I have now recovered the program but i am unable to communicate with my X300's. I keep getting the error cannot open command folder. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks
kai91

Re: x300 ECR MANAGER

Postby GrahamAuty on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:18 pm

Hi Kai,

I replied to your personal message, but am not sure if it actually got sent.

You were saying in your PM that you browsed to where Ecr Manager thought the COMMAND folder was, but it was not there. The COMMAND folder is usually a sub folder of TEMP on the X300 terminal, where you should also find CSVDATA and STATUS folders, e.g.

TEMP \ COMMAND
TEMP \ CSVDATA
TEMP \ STATUS

The X300 terminal does not always create these folders automatically, but it is possible to add them manually in this case.

I'm a bit rusty on the details of the X300 since active development for this platform ceased around 2009, but creating these folders on the terminal if they don't exist already would be a good place to start.

Best regards,

Graham
GrahamAuty

Postby kai91 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:57 pm

Hi Graham,
Thank you for taking the time to reply to me it is very much appreciated. I will create the 3 folders inside the temp folder on the terminal as they are not present. Do these folders need to contain any particular files?
Thanks once again
Kai
kai91

Postby GrahamAuty on Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:27 am

Hi Kai,

When everything is setup correctly, Ecr Manager and the X300 will read and write files to these folders as required for each task. You don't need to create the files yourself.

(If I recall correctly, then Ecr Manager writes commands to the COMMAND folder and receives replies from the X300 via CSVDATA and STATUS).

Best regards,

Graham
GrahamAuty

Postby kai91 on Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:46 am

Hi Again Graham,
I am happy to report that after creating the folders on the terminal 90% of the ECR Manager now seems to be working :) I am just having a few issues with a couple of commands like button images failing to copy which i am currently trying to troubleshoot! Many thanks for your help you have been brilliant
Regards
Kai
kai91

Postby GrahamAuty on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:15 pm

Hi Kai,

According to my email archive, we were aware of an image with button image transfer back in 2008 !!

The nature of this issue was that a master X300 terminal, on receiving one or more button images in its PRESET folder, would not forward them on to its slaves. This is because button image transfer was a file copy operation rather than a "proper" download job, so the X300 master terminal was not expecting to receive these images from the "outside world" and did not know that it needed to pass them on to its slaves.

If the problem is specifically that slave terminals are not receiving the images then it could be down to that.

Best regards,

Graham
GrahamAuty

Postby GrahamAuty on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:34 pm

Hi Kai,

There is another point about X300 image downloads that I had completely forgotten in the ensuing 10 years.

The X300 gets its images from a RAM store which is copied to the PRESET folder on shutdown and then copied back from PRESET to RAM on reboot. So if you want the images to update immediately (without requiring a reboot) then they have to be written to RAM. There is a tick box to do so in the "Keyboard Management" group of the "Features1" tab of System options within Ecr Manager, although this is not present in versions of the software prior to V1.13

Best regards,

Graham
GrahamAuty

Postby kai91 on Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:35 pm

Hi Again Graham,
You are a star, finally got the system all up and running perfectly. Although its an old system now it still does all i require of it and wasnt cheap in its day!
Thanks for all your help
Kai
kai91

Postby GrahamAuty on Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:56 pm

Hi Kai,

Glad to hear it's still working for you, those X300 terminals got some mixed responses back in the day but their quirks always made them interesting to program for.

All the best,

Graham
GrahamAuty

Return to Sharp Cash Register Equipment